Sunday, June 29, 2008

Jacob's gone for six weeks!

Every year at this time, I have to put my 11 year old son on a plane to spend six weeks vising his dad across the country. It is so hard, knowing he is on the plane alone, but of course he LOVES IT! It gives me a panic attack every time!!! This time, ChrisM agreed to meet me at the Mall of America and help distract me... and wow did we do some shopping! the biggest hit to our credit cards, of course, was Archiver's. I love that store to death!!! I'm so excited - I got to use my 30% off coupon on the Paper Gator! Plus I got all the extra blades. I've wanted this thing since the first time I saw it posted on the Cricut boards!

As hard as it is to have him gone for six whole weeks, I have to admit that it does give me some much needed "Me Time", time to get some crafting done! :-) Plus I'm in an exercise competition at work (more about this later!), so I can concentrate my time on that. AND I am Maid of honor in a wedding in August, so there will be lots to do to prepare for that, too!

WHEW! Looks like I'm going to be very busy this summer!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I do this every year too. Not for as long but my son goes for 3 weeks this year. He leaves this Sunday. I am sure he will have a blast because his dad has a house in LA 2 blocks from the beach. But I sure miss him. I still have 2 little ones at home so I will be plenty busy.

Anonymous said...

How are things going? I had so much fun at MOA, can we do it again sometime soon? : )